Thursday, November 6, 2014

Oh, how far we've come...

I'm an avid follower of Sean Gardner, author of The Road to Social Media Success, and I wanted to share an infographic that he tweeted this morning. It's pretty self explanatory about the way office tools and technology have changed in the last 60+ years. 

I touched on the importance of reflecting on our past in order to appreciate/anticipate the future, but I have to say - it's fascinating to see just how far we've come in the way we conduct business. To say that we are dependent on technology is an obvious understatement. 

Infographic from CloudTweaks.Com
The infographic speaks to our "I want it now" mentality, since there is very little (if any) waiting to be had with the internet constantly at our fingertips. It also makes me appreciate the fact that I can communicate with colleagues across the country without the cost of a flight. There are some of the tools from the past that I refuse to give up just for nostalgia's sake (handwritten, snail-mailed letters, anyone?).

Do you find that some office tools are harder to rid of than others? Tell me which ones and why below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment