Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Allow me to introduce myself...


My name is Tiffani Stephenson and I'm so happy to be here with all of you for my first semester!
A little bit about myself - I'm originally from New Jersey, moved to Orlando with my family in 2003, and graduated from University of Florida in 2012. My Bachelor's degree is in Recreation, Parks, and Tourism, with a specialization in Event Management. Gainesville seems to have sucked me in and won't let go, as I still live here and work for the UF Performing Arts as Event Coordinator for the Baughman Center and Phillips Center. Currently, as Baughman Center manager, I'm actively working to re-market and re-brand our venue to UF students and the surrounding Gainesville community in an effort to increase the number of rental events held here annually. I firmly believe that with applying what I learn while pursuing this degree, we'll finally create a solid social media presence and get the exposure the Baughman Center so rightfully deserves. (To those of you in the area - come by and see us! It's the prettiest place on campus!)

My experience with social media includes running a Facebook and Twitter page while I was Resident Director for a local student housing community. They acted as participative outlets for resident retention. That was my first taste of connecting event management and social media marketing. In the last year, my dad decided to start a small baking business, and I’ve been named as his Brand Systems Consultant. As such, I’ve assisted him in developing an overall brand strategy, package design, pricing, placement, advertising campaigns and customer service messaging. I’m especially excited because I see there a few classmates who run their own businesses, and I’ll be able make strategic applications IRL.

Those of you who have added me recently, you may have noticed that my current Facebook page is pretty bare. During my last semester at UF, I decided to deactivate my personal Facebook because I was suffering from “Fear of Missing Out” (FOMO) syndrome. Yes, research tells me this is a real thing! It has changed drastically since the last time I logged in, but I’m anxious to dive right back in to work with all of you.
When I’m not working (or doing homework now), I practice yoga or play with the cutest puppy in my world, Tobias!

 I can’t wait to see how the summer unfolds. Cheers to a great semester and Go Gators!

0 comments:

Post a Comment